Saturday, November 6, 2010

every day you learn something new

Today I learned that my grandpa in-law (that I never got to meet) owned the land that one of the local parks is on. On the land, there is a nature hike trail called the "Clysta Willett Nature Trail" and as a reminder, I married in to the Willetts. It was very exciting to find out that Clysta Willett is my great great grandma-in-law and that a Nature Trail was named after her! I dont know, some people may not be as fascinated by this as I am, but I have always been interested in lineage and geneology and this was just an interesting little bit of history that I got to marry in to and become a part of. I haven't got to experience something quite as, dare I say "old" as this! I wish that I brought my camera (or even my cell phone would have done the trick) but I completely forgot both :( Scott and I are going on a picnic there tomorrow, so pictures are soon to follow!


Also, this morning I got to have coffee with one of the most fun ladies i know! She moved away to UCA and even though I miss her, I am super proud too :) Hopefully she doesn't totally kill me because I posted that picture of her :) But anyways, she is the reason I got through microbiology and for that alone I should be thankful! But she also brings ease in to frustrating choices and she normally just makes things make sense. So, coffee this morning was exactly what I needed :)



The only problem is now it is 5:00pm and I have to go to work for a 12 hour shift on no sleep, haha. Its okay though. It was all worth it :)

So, I am off to dreamland.
Peace out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment