Saturday, February 26, 2011

my wedding- april 7, 2010

i don't believe that i have posted much about my wedding or even referenced it. so, i figured i would upload some of my favorite wedding pictures.

as most everyone knows, we got married really fast. we set the date for august 8, but we were really anxious to have all of our marriage paperwork finished and organized before he left for basic training. plus, i didnt really want to plan a wedding in a different state, so we didn't want to wait until after he finished basic, because we wanted to live with eachother asap and skip all of the marriage stuff after.

so, we decided to get married early and i told scott that i would rather just get married with us and no one else since it wasn't going to be a big/formal thing. scott really pushed me to have my parents there and family because he knew how important it was to them.

i talked to my mom about us speeding up the marriage thing, and she was in agreeance. april 7th was my moms anniversary and we thought it would be nice to have a sentimental wedding day. well, it turns out april 7th was the next day and even though we knew we would be rushed, we did it anyways!



my wedding, small and rushed, was everything that i always hoped that it would be.
i had the few most important people in my life there, my amazing fiance, and all the pizza that you could hope for... yes, we had pizza, haha.

although most of my wedding was perfect and ideal, there were still a few people i missed.
my dad unfortunately couldn't make it.
seeing as how he lives in california, the distance did make it impossible.
i did miss him alot that day, but i know he was in my heart and vice-versa.
i may not live my life ideally to him, or communicate as much as i would wish,
but i do think of him when i think of marriage.
marriage takes so much trust and commitment and it is something that my dad has always valued and held highly against all of the other pleasures and joys in the world.
i thank and respect my father for his commitment to marriage and his ability to love and cherish very deeply.

i did also miss my dress.
i tell everyone if there was one thing that i could have changed about my wedding day,
it would have been the dress.
i, ofcourse, had the perfect wedding dress bought waiting to be altered.
unfortunately, 3 hours isn't enough time to alter a dress to a 5'1 body, haha.


my husband has been friends with these boys since he was a child.
childhood friends are so insanely awesome.
especially when they find out that you are getting married 3 hours before your wedding, hop in their cars and make the 4 hour drive successfully, showing up minutes before your wedding.
scott and i are making it a necessity that our children start kindergarden and graduate high school from the schools that are in the area we live and will live in until they graduate.
i want my children to know people on a deep level and appreciate the fact that they were able to have their best friends, every day in school, for 12 years.
i love when my husband calls one of his closest friends and listening to them talk.
they are pretty cool for being boys.

and the rings.
i love scotts ring! and i am pretty sure he does too!
he lost it while he was in basic training.
i guess before they did their fire training they had to remove all rings/any allowable jewelry
so scott put his ring in one of his coverall pockets and remembered he lost it after
everyone in his div and brother div (atleast 160 men) threw their coveralls in the laundry.
my poor baby had to go through every single pocket, but luckilly found his ring.
my ring is a beautiful aquamarine that i would never be able to trade in for any diamond.
ever since watching blood diamonds and doing much research on the subject, i decided
that wearing diamonds just wasn't for me.
most of my family doubted and said that by the time i was engaged, i would want a diamond...
every girl does, right?
wrong. and it felt good to prove them wrong ;) haha.
actually, i think that they think i am pretty cool for not wearing a diamond.
well, and i think i am pretty cool for that too ;)

i think that about sums up my wedding!
much love,
briana

No comments:

Post a Comment