Wednesday, April 20, 2011

4/19 was a good day

yesterday morning consisted of watching the roast of bob saget, looking completely horrible with no makeup but completely enjoying it, and ofcourse, cuddling with my favorite lil' one, Buddha.

i am finally starting to accept the fact that Buddha is no longer a puppy. i swear, it seemed like one day he was small enough to fit in my hand and now he is honestly to heavy to hold. i know it doesnt look like it, but Buddha is 35 lbs-- of complete muscle. we frequently call him "superdog" around here, mostly because if we tied a cape around him, he would look like a super buffed up weiner dog. i love all of his characteristics, but mostly his big paws and strong muscles. he also has the BEST teeth ever, but i blame that on him constantly chewing on bones- or being genetically perfect. ya know, whatever you want to call it ;)

we had a huge list of things to do, so while scott was running a quick errand with my mom, i stayed home and got ready. as for anything new in my life, there isn't much. the job that i recently had, where i did home health care for one specific resident ended about 7 months after i started working there. the resident that i was caring for passed away and may he always be remembered by the ones who loved him. RIP, you will always be in our hearts. scott and i are planning on visiting his grave as soon as we have some extra time. he really was one of my favorite people in this world and although he had to go, im glad that he can be out of pain and be in such a more beautiful place. he truly deserves all of the happiness in this after-life.

--i just finished out my first weeks worth of shifts at a new nursing home that i am working at. i am not sure exactly if i am going to love or like the job as much as previous ones, but i am still learning all the new employees and residents- thats over 200+ names and trust me, i have probably learned about 7, haha. i can't wait to get a couple weeks under my belt and feel comfortable and enjoy my job.

as for scott and i, we are pretty normal.
i recently read a quote that 100% how i feel towards scott so i figured it was worth posting.

"I feel good with my husband: I like his warmth and his bigness and his being-there and his making and his jokes and stories and what he reads and how he likes fishing and walks and pigs and foxes and little animals and is honest and not vain or fame-crazy and how he shows his gladness for what I cook him and joy for when I make him something, a poem or a cake, and how he is troubled when I am unhappy and wants to do anything so I can fight out my soul-battles and grow up with courage and a philosophical ease. I love his good smell and his body that fits with mine as if they were made in the same body-shop to do just that. What is only pieces, doled out here and there to this boy and that boy, that made me like pieces of them, is all jammed together in my husband. So I don't want to look around any more: I don't need to look around for anything."

No comments:

Post a Comment